Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I dont' want an add in your directory!

So it feels like everyday I get a call here at work about this. They say they are just "updating" information on your business, then somehow they try to get you convinced that you agreed to sign up for another year and that you owe them 400 (they don't tell you that part on the phone of course that comes with the bill) . The first call, I almost fell for it, then when they said they were transferring me to someone to confirm I was like hold up I'm not agreeing to anything. That is when they pull the whole, this is for the previous year.
So I said all that to say , I got in a heated argument with one of these people on the phone. I was so mad, she was rude said we made a verbal contract last year, when I know that Lisa didn't so I told her I wanted a copy of it, and she was like blah blah really rude! So I asked to talked to her supervisor and she said conviently that he was not there. Ok yeah right, your the boss? right... so anyway...when I want to I can be very "firm" with my words. Years ago I used to have a point where I would just see red and go off on someone, and I haven't done this for a very long time, I have controlled these "going off" spells. (only certain people could trigger them) anyway this lady almost had me back in that place. Our words were heated for sure, but I kept my cool and was very firm and finally instead of arguing I said I will call back and talk to your supervisor, goodbye click. 
It's just funny how the saying is so true, "Your old man is never so dead that he can't be resurrected because boy is that true, and I have to remind myself of that everyday when the devil tries to throw stuff at me, that way I keep on my toes. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh ya, they tried to get me when I answered the phones too. I also requested to see said contract. They said it was verbal. Ok, fine. They were supposed to call me back so I can hear the verbal agreement. Never called back.

Followers


Stat counter